Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.


Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart--but in it.








--Fleur Conkling Heylinger






















I didn't give you the gift of life,

But in my heart I know

The love I feel is deep and real

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you the gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.





--Unknown











Thursday, January 27, 2011

Still waiting for Travel Approval...

Well, we continue to wait for our Travel Approval--the last step before we make our travel plans and go.  Didn't really expect to get it this week, however still a little disappointed.  Everyday that passes is harder than the last.  We were really hoping to get approval before Chinese New Year, but I'm concerned that won't happen.  And the worst part is there is absolutely nothing we can do but wait and wonder.

In the meantime we continue to keep busy with work and getting things ready for our trip.  We need to make a final run to Babies R Us for some last minute items.  The other day I started contemplating what clothes I need to pack for Kinley and got a little overwhelmed and put them away.  I'm generally a last minute packer because I tend to change my mind so much.  Besises, how in the world do you pack for a baby that you are not positive what size they are, and that you will travel to 3 different climates with, without totally overpacking?  Not to mention the fact that we have no idea what bottles will work for her, will she be using a sippy cup, what snacks I should take, ect..... 

We are getting really excited (and nervous) about our trip and hoping that everything goes smoothly.  We really have so many things to worry about:  ticket prices, weather issues, packing issues for two weeks, flight delays...the list could go on and on.  Not to mention the biggest worry of all--how will Kinley handle all of the huge changes she will experience.
  
Kinley will be gaining her forever family, but at the same time she will experience yet another loss in her short life.  I think it is very important to recognize that she has truly been through alot.  She has lost her birthparents.  She was hospitalized for several weeks after she was found, and was taken to the orphanage.  She stayed there until she was approximately 6 months old, then went to her foster home.  Shortly before our trip to get her, she will be placed back in the orphanage.  Finally, she will be delivered to us at nearly 12 months old.  So, in 12 short months she has suffered numerous losses.  My heart hurts for her and I hope that during all of these transitions she will know that they are not in vain.  The hardest for her by far will most likely be leaving her foster family....but I know that once she is in our arms she will be there FOREVER.  In her bedroom we have a small canvas that simply states "Family is Forever".  I hope she will feel that from the moment she is in our arms......

KISSES IN THE WIND (The Waiting Child's Lullabye)

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hands until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

--- © Pamela Durkota, written for Josh



No comments:

Post a Comment