Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.


Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart--but in it.








--Fleur Conkling Heylinger






















I didn't give you the gift of life,

But in my heart I know

The love I feel is deep and real

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you the gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.





--Unknown











Tuesday, February 1, 2011

WE ARE GOING TO CHINA !!!!!!!!!!

We got our Travel Approval just yesterday---just before Chinese New Year!  We will be visiting China during the year of the Rabbit!

Here is our tentative travel schedule:

          Leave for China: 02/23
          Arrive in Beijing: 02/24
          Fly to Kunming, Yunnan:  02/27
          Meet and hold our girl forever:  02/28
          Fly to Guangzhou, Guangdong:  03/04
          Consulate/Visa appointment:  03/08
          Leave for Home:  03/11



We will have our girl home for her first birthday, March 15!!!!!!!!!!!  It is such a blessing!  Thank you God!



The journey of a thousand miles
 must begin with a single step.
--- Lao-Tzu

2 comments:

  1. I found you through RQ... were going to be in Guangzhou the same time. we are hoping to meet the group at Lucy's for dinner. I can't RSVP because my password would never activate on RQ so I had to silently celebrate when TA's would come through... I can't wait to meet everyone. I think I read yall are rookie parents! She is adorable. hope to hear from you before we depart... leave me a note or you can e-mail me. blessings, SAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, we can't wait to meet everyone in China too! On the camera... I LOVE my Nikon D60. it's been my first SLR and there is no comparison! I'm about ready to list it on Ebay. you can find great deals out there on good used cameras from people like me who want to upgrade. it is a little risky so make sure if you decide to buy from e-bay... that the seller allows refunds. Other than finding them on e-bay they are outrageous! We paid $1500.00 for ours about a year ago and we'll list it in excellent condition for about $800.00. The one i want retails for $2800 and I hope to find one on e-bay for $2000. There is no comparison once you use one. especially capturing your kiddos. they move so quick that the non SLR can't catcht them in the act! you wont ever want to go back. Canon makes a great SLR too,but I love the Nikon, very easy to use! so thats all I know about cameras... check out http://www.wepicturethis.com/ for great tips on all cameras! Can't wait to meet you soon! she is such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete