Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.


Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart--but in it.








--Fleur Conkling Heylinger






















I didn't give you the gift of life,

But in my heart I know

The love I feel is deep and real

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you the gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.





--Unknown











Monday, February 28, 2011

Gotcha Kinley!!!!!!

As I type this post I'm sitting in the hotel room after a very busy and emotional day, starving and tired, but all is well because my baby girl is sound asleep on my chest. I am very, very lucky to have such wonderful friends and family to bring her home to.

I know you all wanna look at the pictures, so scroll down and check them out, lol.

I'll skip all the talk about getting no sleep, the nerves, blah, blah blah, and I'll get to the good stuff.

So we left at 8 am to go to the civil affairs office to do paperwork, then Kinley was supposed to arrive at 9. We had just started on the paperwork and then suddenly I hear someone say "Wu Qi Ling" behind me......so I turn to see who it is and it's the orphanage worker holding a tiny little girl. Now instantly I knew this was my girl. Luckily, I knew that there could possibly be little to no warning so I already had my cameras ready to go on the table. I threw the camcorder at my guide and hit record! I turn to Kinley, who the foster family and orphanage staff refer to as Ling Ling. I can't remember what I said to her.....but I remember she did not look scared. And I put my hands out for her to come to me and she did without hesitation! She put her cheek against mine and I just cried. What an amazing, unbelievable, indescribable moment. Kinely just laid her head against me for a few minutes, letting me kiss her through tears. Then Jason held his hands out to her and she went right to him also!


Within 5 minutes of meeting we had our very first smile. Probably 10 minutes after that we got a small giggle! She has been so easy going......except for when me or Jason get more than four feet away from her. I'm telling you no lies..........elephant tears!


After lots more paperwork, fingerprints, and Kinley's footprint we were done and got to come back to the hotel briefly. Then it was lunch and a quick trip to Walmart for some supplies. And no, no similarities to the Walmarts back home. It was chaos! Now poor Jason is walking all over Kunming to try to find something to eat for supper. Kunming is very different than Beijing. Very few people speak good English. There is no McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut....no English menus. And the hotel food is questionable for a very high price.

Here's what we've learned about Kinley so far:

*She cannot crawl or walk, but can sit up on her own well and plays with her toys contently (as long as you are beside her....remember the four foot rule)

*She only has one tooth that has barely popped through

*She is a peanut! She probably does weigh close to 18 pounds, however she is tiny! Her feet won't even fit in the size 3 shoes I brought for her...way too big!

*She babbles alot (and loudly), especially when she is tired and about to fall asleep

*She will look at you when you call her by "Kinley" or "Ling Ling"

*I think she may be a premie. If not, she is way behind developmentally in motor skills. The orphange says she can eat rice, however when I tried it mashed up mixed in soup she just let it sit in her mouth.

*She is super smart! If she drops a crumb of her puff snacks she will look for it until she finds it.

*The orphanage says she does not smile/laugh much....but she is about the funniest, giggly little princess ever! She giggles/smiles at just about everything, especially when we play with her.

*She has a major farmer's tan. Basically her hands and feet and dark tan, the rest of her body is very light.

*She has some hair! She's gonna give Timothy and Brayson a run for their money in the "mohawk competition", lol


As for Jason and I, we are totally in love already! She is worth every tear, every document, every moment of waiting and more. She is ours and we are hers forever. Kinley--we Gotcha, and we'll never let go!



I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

---1 Samuel 1:27










17 comments:

  1. Abosolutley Gorgeous!!!! You are a beautiful complete family now. Love you guys.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    OMG,OMG!She is the most beautiful baby ever!
    and we OB&SCN girls think she even looks like you!We are in tears of joy! What a wonderful time for you and Jason.Enjoy and be safe.
    Lisa O,Lisa G,Shauna P,Julieand Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a sweetie! So happy that your Gotcha' went so smoothly. We'll be in your shoes in just a few weeks and we're hoping for a smooth transition too! To think that your little one was probably with our little one just yesterday, gets me all teary-eyed!

    Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see more pictures of Kunming! Are you going to the CWI? If so, tell them that Xi Yun Xi's family is leaving on March 25th and plans to meet him on the 28th!

    Best of luck during the rest of your trip!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Congratulations. What a beauty! Enjoy your time in China!

    Suzie from RQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Heather & Jason she is so beautiful and you guys look so complete!! I LOVE the bath picture. So precious. Everytime I read your updates I start to tear up. Such a great time!!
    Love,
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am blinded by the absolute cuteness of your smiley daughter--good heavens, she is darling!!!! Congratulations on this very happy day and welcome to your forever family, Kinley!

    Lynne, Ed, and Amelia, our Guangxi Gem, now a fancy and fabulous five year old
    Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather and Jason!!!! She is absolutely beautiful and I am so very, very happy for you, and for Kinley to have such amazing parents! May God bless the remainder of your travels with safety and peace!! Much Love, Janell (King) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather and Jason...I am a better person for knowing you. Im so happy to be a part of this step in your life. You are 2 strong wonderful people, and I am so blessed that I have had the chance to get to know you, and now..I will have the privilege to watch and learn from your experience!! Love all 3 of you!!! Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather, I am so excited for you and I have just spent the last 30 minutes crying my eyes out while reading this blog. She is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations.

    Julie N

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kinley will bloom like the flower on her head with her mommy and daddys love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO,SO,SO< SWEET......SHE IS SO PRECIOUS, and is so HAPPY TO BE IN HER MOMMY AND DADDY'S ARMS!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so beautiful. I'm glad that everything is going well! Love and miss all 3 of you!
    Danyel

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got tears in my eyes looking at your family picture. She is beautiful. I can't wait to meet her!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi ((Heather, Jason and Kinley)) Just wanted you three to know that I am so happy for you, tears run down my face when I look at this precious baby with her family that God intended. Your scriptures for this blog are just amazing. Many prayers for your safe return. love ya! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow oh Wow!! Beautiful Heather & Jason! She is just beautiful! What a journey! Love the sharing of photos and sneak peek of your joys of being a whole family! Thanks for sharing and prayers continue for your continued safe travels! God Bless You All! Kerri & Hailie

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many emotions have flooded back to me as I've read your posts. Your baby girl is beautiful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, I can hardly read through my tears! She is so amazingly perfect! So happy for you three to finally have each other. And thank you for posting all this info for us all to share in your experience. Safe travels to you! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete