Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.


Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart--but in it.








--Fleur Conkling Heylinger






















I didn't give you the gift of life,

But in my heart I know

The love I feel is deep and real

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you the gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.





--Unknown











Sunday, February 27, 2011

Let the countdown begin!!!!!!! 11 more hours until Kinley!

Last night we never made it out of the hotel. I worked on the computer, then we laid down for a "few minutes", which turned out to be until 2 am. Had a hard time going back to sleep after that, but we managed to stay in bed until 5 am. We met Jerry in the hotel lobby at 12:30 pm today to head to the airport. When we attempted to check in we were told the flight was delayed one hour due to a "national emergency". Uh..........what does that mean ?!? Jerry said not to worry, and I'm thinking "yeah, right". After much to-do over our baggage being severely overweight by China's standards, we handed over $243 Yuan ($37 US) and got it on the plane. Let's just say that's not the end of the craziness---while standing in line waiting to go through security there was a bunch of yelling at the front of the line. Then people waiting in line all started yelling. It was pretty scary because of course we could not understand what anyone was saying. After several tense moments Jerry explained that the security guy was telling everyone that the security scanner was broke, so everyone started yelling that there was not enough workers. More security came and somehow got them working again fairly quickly. We ended up being nearly two hours delayed, but finally made it to Kunming safe and sound.



Our new guide Vivianne is from our adoption agency. She said that we will be heading to the Civil Affairs office at 8 am so that we can complete some paperwork before we meet Kinley. She said that Kinley has been treated very well by her foster family and loves to be outside in the nice weather around lots of people. The weather here is amazing from what we can tell--70's and there are palm trees lining the streets. Kunming is very different from Beijing. Beijing is very modern--lots of digital billboards. Kunming reminds us of Las Vegas, except perhaps back in the 1950's!


When we got to our room we were hit in the face with a reality check----a crib (well, pack and play)!! Then we also realized through the chaos of the security check at the airport, we lost the keys to our luggage locks so we had to have someone in the hotel come up and cut them off. Luckily I brought 4 spare locks that are combination so that should be the last of that problem.


As I am typing this I am thinking about all of the changes that will take place in our lives in 11 hours. So many emotions. Adoptive parents celebrate the day every year with their children, and they call it many different things: Gotcha Day, Forever Family Day, Delivery Day, etc... Tomorrow our daughter will finally be with her family, and we'll finally have her in our arms. Please pray that Kinley has a quick grieving process and attaches to us quickly. I know she will be so sad, and I'm prepared for that but know it will still break my heart. I just hope that her little heart heals quickly.


Thank you all for your wonderful comments on here--it really means a lot to hear from those we love dearly.


xoxoxoxoxoxo

Heather


4 comments:

  1. So sweet.....as tears are in my eyes...tears of joy for the 3 of you.........I love you all<3
    Love, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...My Heather.The day has arrived! By my calculations 6 hrs to go! I will keep Kinley in my prayers tonight! Love and many prayers sent to you and Jason also.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Lisa & Uncle KevinFebruary 27, 2011 at 9:28 PM

    We are so very excited for you, Jason and Kinley! You should have her in your arms anytime now. The circle of life, love and family has grown. May you enjoy all your happiness in what life has to offer you. We welcome Kinley into ours lives, as we cannot wait to meet her! The both of you will make wonderful parents! Congratulations and bring your baby girl home!

    Love Always,
    Aunt Lisa, Uncle Kevin, Andrew, Paige & Laela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears are running down my face as I think about all of the emotions you and Jason must be experiencing now. God bless you guys and I am so happy your family is almost complete.

    ReplyDelete