Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.


Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart--but in it.








--Fleur Conkling Heylinger






















I didn't give you the gift of life,

But in my heart I know

The love I feel is deep and real

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you the gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.





--Unknown











Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Here goes nothin! A journey of a lifetime......

Well, everything is packed and sitting in the middle of the living room floor.  I have so many emotions right now....   I really have so few words at the moment, so I hope my little sister Kaleigh does not mind that I am going to use hers.  She posted the following on my facebook page about an hour ago, and I copied it and will be carrying it with me to China:


This is to my sister Heather and brother-in-law Jason. I can't believe what you are about to do tomorrow. Kinley is 7857 miles away from my house to Kunming, Yunnan, China, and you're going there to get her, wow. You two are going on the longest journey possible to bring one person into our family forever, saving one orphans life for the people who couldn't raise her themselves. Many plane rides and lots of luggage in tow, your only goal is to bring back our Kinley Jade safe and sound. You three will be in my thoughts for the next almost 3 weeks. She will be in your arms on 2/28/11 but I can't wait until she can be in mine on 3/11/11. Have a memorable experience there and be safe. (And don't worry, I will keep Bella by my side and she will have lots of fun staying with me.) Love, Kaleigh. :)
 
 
I am totally amazed by this girl.  Only 16 years old, yet she has so much wisdom and sentiment for family.  I love you Kaleigh.  I will travel half the world to go get Kinley, and will travel the other half to come back to you......
 
 
One final thought before I go: 
 
For those who have lost faith in anything, this is for you.  Whether you have lost your faith in God, family, friends, fate, love, mankind........I ask you to just look at the miracle that is unfolding right now.  I will be forever changed by Kinley, and by all of my family and friends who held my hand along the way.  My faith had been challenged with the heartbreak of infertility, yet today it is much stronger than ever.  I am right where I am supposed to be.  I have faith in that.
 
I love you all.
 
Heather
 
 
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now am found,
was blind, but now I see........

9 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I saw your link on China Adopt Talk and we too have a little one in Kunming. We are just waiting for TA. I am wondering if you could check on her. I am so excited for you and will enjoy following your journey! My email is: sue@skeescpr.com Only email if you have time! Thanks, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, we hope to meet you in Guangzhou, we leave Friday... we'll be at Lucy's on the 5th at 5. Were the lamberts. I think we've chatted before via e-mail besh wishes on travel. see you in China!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Kaleigh and I miss both of you two so very much already. I hope you're getting enough sleep on the plane since you didn't any at home. Me and Bella are waiting for you to come back and are about to go to sleep ourselves. I just wonder what she thinks about staying here... It will be the first night of many for her away from you two. She will keep me good company and I will be her's. Goodnight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, Jason, and Kinley....
    So happy I can type that!!! I can not tell you how happy I am for the 3 of you to become a family:) We love you all so much and can not wait to see you guys and meet Kinley when you get home!!! Love, Lana, Braylee, and Koen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Heather you are a true inspiration. I am so proud of you. You have been through so much and stayed so faithful through all the ups and downs along the journey to becoming a mother. Kinley has no idea how lucky she is. You are one amazing Momma:) I cannot wait to meet this sweet little blessing and smother her with hugs and kisses! Safe travels to you and Jason ~ Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the updates!Kaliegh thank you for keeing us informed! I look forward to seeing the three of you together for the first time.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a quick note to let you know I've been thinking of you and watching you climb the great wall to your little girl's arms. Your postings are so beautiful. Next time I check in, there will be the 3 of you. Love Aunt Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you all! I have tears of joy and big smiles as I see your beautiful little girl!!! So wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete