Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.


Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart--but in it.








--Fleur Conkling Heylinger






















I didn't give you the gift of life,

But in my heart I know

The love I feel is deep and real

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you the gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.





--Unknown











Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ni hao from Beijing, China!

We seem to be unable to access our blogger site from China, so unless I can figure out someway to get around it, thanks Kaleigh for posting this for me :) It looks like we'll be able to access Skype though, so that is a blessing.




Well we finally made it. 29 hours of travel and we are sitting in our hotel room in downtown Beijing. (Thanks to Mom, Shelley, Kaleigh, and Brayson for seeing us off! You guys are the best!) The plane rides were pretty uneventful, but LONG! The first flight was grueling....13.5 hours from Detroit to Tokyo, Japan. I was so tired from only 2 hours of sleep the night before but just could not get any sleep on the flight. Jason however had no problems! The 4 hour layover at Tokyo was a lifesaver....I laid down and got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep which was much overdue. Then back on a plane for a 4 hour flight to Beijing. Customs was uneventful and quick, and we were greeted by our Beijing guide "Jerry". Jerry will be with us for the next three days in Beijing.



It is currently 12 noon on the 23rd for you all back in the good old USA, but it's 1 am on the 24th for us. We are going to have to sleep fast because we'll need to be up, ready, and have went to breakfast to meet Jerry in the lobby at 9am. The plan for in the morning is to visit a Hutong Street (traditional housing), take a richshaw ride, and then visit the Great Wall.



Jerry says that we will also do the following in the next few days: have Holt orientation, have a traditional Peking Duck meal, see the Forbidden City and Tianamen Square, and go past the 2008 Olympic Stadiums (The Nest and The Cube).



Busy days ahead, then Sunday night we fly to Kunming and prepare to meet Kinley!



Love you all,

Heather


Plane from Detroit to Tokyo.



No comments:

Post a Comment