Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.


Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart--but in it.








--Fleur Conkling Heylinger






















I didn't give you the gift of life,

But in my heart I know

The love I feel is deep and real

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you the gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.





--Unknown











Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shopping, Packing, and Sleepless nights

Well, only 13 days until we leave for China--18 days until we meet our girl.  Lots of time is being spent running here and there, deciding on last minute necessities that we need to purchase.  In addition, I've been working extra hours to build up vacation time and to keep my mind busy with other things besides the big trip.

Yesterday we went to Walmart and wearily completed a baby registry.  I already have a registry on Amazon.com, however it just started out as my own personal list. 

Today I started packing Kinley's suitcase--I must say that I've been able to narrow down her stuff pretty nicely.  I should be able to get all of her stuff in one medium size suitcase.  We have heard we can get clothes laundered in China if we happen to get in a pinch.  It's very hard to predict the weather at this point, and also hard to determine how many outfits an 11 month old will go thru in an 11 day span. 

Other than running around like crazy people, we have our international flights scheduled and received the tickets via Fed Ex today.  Here is our schedule so far:

02/23    Leave Detroit at 12:30 pm---stop in Tokyo, Japan----Arrive in Beijing, China 02/24 at 11:40 pm

02/27  Fly to Kunming, China (Kinley's Province is Yunnan--her city is Kunming)

02/28  Kinely is placed in our arms

03/04  Fly to Guangzhou (Lots of appointments, processing paperwork and her citizenship this week)

03/10  Get Kinley's U.S. Visa and then take a train to Hong Kong

03/11  10:40 am  Fly home

03/11  12:30 pm  Arrive in Detroit Airport



All of the planning and excitement is causing a lot of tossing and turning at night---when I do get some sleep it's full of crazy dreams about meeting my girl!  Jason says he's doing much of the same.  It's pretty fair to say that the only person sleeping soundly in this house is Bella---poor dog, doesn't have a clue that her world is about to change drastically!

Heather

                                                  

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your adventure, be safe and enjoy the trip. Just think in just a few days you both will be loving, hugging and kisssing your daughter. I love you three dearly..

    ReplyDelete