Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.


Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart--but in it.








--Fleur Conkling Heylinger






















I didn't give you the gift of life,

But in my heart I know

The love I feel is deep and real

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you the gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.





--Unknown











Monday, March 7, 2011

Jade and Pearl Market

Yesterday we went to the Jade and Pearl Market with another Holt family. It was huge, with many shops to barter with. While there I noticed Kinley was being very quiet, which is a little unusual for her because she likes to "talk" so much. I kissed her head and noticed she was very warm, so I gave her some baby Advil. Poor girl really did not feel well at all. We shopped quicker than we normally would, and ended up getting her a few items for the future: a jade tiger pendant (she is a Tiger on the Chinese zodiac) and a strand of hite pearls for her wedding day. Jason also got me a strand of multi-colored pearls that I was admiring.
Last night was a rough night. Kinley was so hot, all she was doing was laying in bed with us whimpering. We gave her medication when it was time and gave her several baths to try to cool her off. I have some amoxicillin for her that I brought with me, but I haven't decided if I want to give it quite yet. I think if she doesn't feel better in a few hours I'll start giving it just in case. It just breaks my heart that she feels so bad, and so helpless that I cannot fix it for her.

Today we were going to go to the Safari Park, but decided not to since Kinley is not feeling well. We are free until 4:00 pm, when we have to return to the Holt office for more paperwork. Tomorrow we have the appointment at the U.S. Consulate for our Oath Ceremony and U.S. Visa. It will be an early morning for us since we have to meet the other families at 7 am. Hopefully Kinley is feeling better by then because we hear it is a 45 minute drive each way plus the time it takes for 3 families appointments.



Love and miss you all,

Heather



3 comments:

  1. Hope your little princess gets to feeling better soon.The pics:
    #1-little angel
    #2-cutie patootie
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing, when you get home we've all decided new jobs for the both of you:)
    Jason-photography
    Heather-writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,

    This is so awesome! I talked to Melissa Okuly last night and she told me about your blog (and the fact she was addicted to it). I am so happy for you. Your daughter is beautiful. The blog is amazing; I didn't realize that you were so creative! You are truly blessed. Be safe coming home and God bless you all!

    Will Krost

    ReplyDelete