Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously my own.


Never forget for a single minute,

You didn't grow under my heart--but in it.








--Fleur Conkling Heylinger






















I didn't give you the gift of life,

But in my heart I know

The love I feel is deep and real

As if it had been so.

For us to have each other

Is like a dream come true!

No, I didn't give you the gift of life,

Life gave me the gift of you.





--Unknown











Thursday, June 2, 2011

Busy and "all in"! Now that is Lucky!

It's been quite some time since I have posted, but I've been so busy being a mommy to Kinley that the blog has definitely suffered!  Oh well, guess that comes with the territory of parenting a toddler. 

Kinley has been very busy as well, learning so many new things!  She has long since mastered crawling, and is days away from being upright for good.  As for now, she can easily take several steps before stumbling to the floor, only to crawl to the next object to pull herself back up to her feet to try again.  Kinley has been doing well talking and using some sign language.  She says Mama, Dada, Bella, Uh-oh, No, Yes, Hi, Flower, Eye, Nose.  She signs Mama, Dada, More, Eat, Flower, Milk, Drink.  She can point to her hair, nose, eyes, ears, toes.  She can do Patty cake, and especially likes the "roll it" part.  Kinley has also mastered kissing, and will pucker up and blow kisses to anyone who wants them!  She waves Hi and Bye, and will hold her foot up for me to put her socks on.  Kinley also "sits like a lady", and will cross her legs.  She enjoys copying people, and will copy a sneeze or yawn several times, especially when she has a willing audience.  She's a little hambone and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.

Someone recently was talking about how some people are just Lucky.  Meaning that good things just seem to happen to them.  They win a lot on scratch off tickets.  They win lots of raffles.  They are the Bingo champs often at the Bingo hall down the street.  But are they really "lucky"?  Is there some force that bestows gifts upon them just because?  Are they lucky because they win?  Or do they win because they are lucky?  BUT in order to win, they really have to be involved don't they?  They have to be active in one way or another.  In essence, they have to be "all in".  They have to be willing to Lose, just like they are willing to Win.  Many times in life I wished that I would be Lucky.  Why is it everyone else in the world is lucky except for me?  What makes them so darn special?!?  The difference between someone who is lucky and unlucky in part is this:  Only the lucky ones have FAITH that they will win.....someday.  They jump.  They're "all in".  Maybe they'll stumble.  But sooner or later they know that they'll get Lucky.
Just recently we celebrated 3 months since Kinley was delivered to us.  Three months is such a short amount of time, yet we feel like she has been with us forever.  Kinley Jade is truly the light of my life.  Never have I known a love as sweet as this.  She is amazing and perfect, beautiful and sweet.  Kinley Jade is mine...and I am so Lucky.  Finally.

Luck

I didn't come out of my mother.

I don't have my father's green eyes.
No one in my family looks like me.
People are always surprised.

I think we're a happier family
Than if we were all kings and queens.
We're so lucky we all found each other.
That's what being adopted means.

--- “Luck” by Pamela Espeland and Marilyn Nelson (Waniek)













1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    It is great to see a post again, I followed your trip in China. I also wanted to let you know that our little Ella is the light of our life too. If you are as nosy as I am I am sure you know why that would be important for you to know :) Thanks you for sending her on to become part of our family. It looks like we both got the girl that is a perfect fit :)

    ReplyDelete